Parents, teens, and "A-Frame Hugs"

Precluding predictable problems
Gabby
Site Admin

Parents, teens, and "A-Frame Hugs"

Post by Gabby » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:38 pm

An "A-Frame Hug" is one in which both huggers non-verbally (often it's an unconscious psychically communicated agreement) agree to lean towards and hug only the top half of each other. Most always, A-Frame Hugs are respectfully appropriate, however, between family members it's usually because both are uncomfortable—to the extent that they consciously/unconsciously choose to make sure the stomach and hips are not touching.*

We've all watched videos of healthy happy teens body-hugging their parents—so we know it's possible. Myself, I used to wonder if full-body-huggers are, or have been, even more intimate with each other—this, because my mind (growing up as an orphan—no hugs ever) would question innocent hugging—until having my own children.

What we're looking at is controlled-distancing hugs with family members, specifically girls and fathers, boys and mothers. All such distancing can be traced to a specific non-verbalized fear (an incomplete).

Most families start out hugging closely, then something happens. Either the child or the parent has their very first hug in which they experienced uncomfortableness or sensations (or thoughts about the possibility of sensations). Sometimes it's a parents decision, as when it's time to not sleep in the same bed, or, "From now on I'll knock on the bathroom door." The parent immediately assumes where it could lead; many decide to A-Frame Hug from then on.

This tip is not about disappearing the barriers one has to body-hugging parents;** it's about verbally discussing all the thoughts about the subject. More specifically, it's about verbally sharing all the thoughts you have about the subject with both parents. The word "verbally" refers to the fact that you are always communicating your thoughts non-verbally. Thoughts withheld serve as barriers to communication. If, as a teen girl, you can't be comfortable discussing your considerations about hugging and sensations and fears about hugging your father, with your father, you won't be able to have similar (uncomfortable embarrassing) conversations with your future partners.

All dissatisfactions with sex between couples reveal that both are withholding the exact same number of thoughts from each other (fear, uncomfortableness and embarrassment are the main reasons) —and, neither partner body-hugs both parents.

Family members who A-Frame Hug have become stuck doing their imitation of communication; all are stuck withholding significant thoughts from each other; such parents don't discuss masturbation or place tissues on their teen's night table; all, yes all, teach their child to withhold significant thoughts, to deceive and lie, evidenced by the fact that most dating teens con each other into deceiving both sets of parents to have sex.

* Instead of experiencing the undiluted experience of the hug, one's mind is partly occupied with considerations about closeness, etc.. Teenage boys come to believe that if a girl body-hugs she is more likely to be less "hung up" about sex. Some girls, because of (insert reason), usually don't body hug their own father; with dates they believe that body hugs communicate permission, willingness or possibility.

** It is possible to identify the source of, and disappear, one's uncomfortableness to communicating about sex.

Last edited 4/8/21