Would you hire you?

Precluding predictable problems
Gabby
Site Admin

Would you hire you?

Post by Gabby » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Would you hire you?

Do you have thoughts you withhold from your supervisor(s) and the boss? Are you open and honest in your personal relationship, zero significant withholds. Have you experienced that your personal integrity affects all outcomes including the goals of your organization? Have you trained your bowels to poop on company time? Do you engage fellow employees in job-distracting conversations? Have you stolen (very small or even large) items from the company? Could you be doing your job more efficiently/accurately?

Perhaps some of your fellow employees are ineffective (even out integrity) and you silently, non-verbally, vote for another 24-hours of the same, thwarting your boss for fear of . . ?

Like yourself I'd hire someone committed to communicating openly, honestly, and spontaneously, zero significant withholds. The ideal employee is someone around whom everyone knows that upsets, disappointments and complaints should be communicated to the person who can do something about it; gossiping around him/her simply wouldn't take place.

I'm writing about this because I know how difficult it is to be working for someone you don't truly admire—someone to whom you can't say exactly what's on your mind (such as in the military). We know that it's unethical to have conned an employer into hiring us knowing we withheld from them a significant fact, which, had we been honest, we would have told the interviewer.

Those who thwart their boss in some fashion have absolutely no choice other than to continue being deceitful—pretending to be open and honest.* Even after reading this there's nothing to do. We do what we must (more of the same) until there's no need to do it anymore.

To create space for personal and professional growth I find it works to clear my mind of incompletes, to acknowledge what's so. After clearing the mind you'll find yourself creating new, more desirable, problems.

As I approach mastery I'm noticing the wonderful supportive correlation between my personal integrity and results. No longer can I blame an accident, or errors, or thwartings, on others or the "universe." The process is leading me to study the phenomenon of entanglement and how it is we magnetically attract others to reveal our incompletes in support of restoring and maintaining our integrity. Specifically, how withholders magnetically attract (or cause) withholders, neither partner having a choice other than to deceive—to withhold a significant thought from the other.

Couples must admire, respect, and support each other's profession, else, they will find themselves unconsciously thwarting each other, both succumbing to mediocrity. I.e. Few ex nuns marry bartenders (one of many professions that supports unconsciousness).**

* Several years ago the manager of a large organization hired me to conduct several workshops (having to do with interpersonal communication, sales, alignment, and integrity as pertains to company goals and all relationship outcomes) for his 40+ employees. One thing that usually happens in such a workshop is that one or more employees discover that they have been lying or stealing from the company; some acknowledge that they lied on their job application form and that they should not have been hired. Several such employees wrote to their headquarters and complained that they were being "forced" to choose to leave the company in support of alignment and integrity. The CEO told the manager to ". . . stop doing those workshops." To keep his job the manager compromised his integrity and broke his agreement (and supported his employees in breaking their agreement with me) to complete the workshop then in progress. —Kerry

** A bartender may pretend to be your friend but they never ask, "Do you have your spouse's support to be spending money on booze?" Or, "Does it bother your spouse that you drink and spend money on booze?" In other words, to survive financially, all bartenders support deceptions, thwarting, and spousal abuse.

last edited 8/11/21