puna charter school

Post your own question to Dear Gabby
confused

puna charter school

Post by confused » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Lower Puna has a wonerful charter school. Ive heard this over and over, but recently started questioning that "wonderful school's" judgement. I dont have children of my own but my problem is, that there are a couple people working there that I know from just living in the same community. Im not sure I would want my kids learning from. Its known that there is at least two "recovering" meth addicts, one ex prostitute and one with provocative semi nude photos online. All working or volunteering at school helping our kids. Some even on the school board. Are these the best people the schools are able to find to teach and help make decisions for our islands keiki? I just think that the school system should be a little more selective with who the schools are allowed to let "help" our kids. I dont want to get involved in something like being more specific, I just kind of wanted to hear someone elses opinion on the matter.
Thank you,
Sincerely--Confused

Gabby
Site Admin

Re: puna charter school

Post by Gabby » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi Confused,

I sure do appreciate your concerns and admire your willingness to be responsible for the quality education of our young.

I don’t know much about charter schools or the prerequisites for its staff and teachers. Perhaps someone can share their experiences here.

My experience has been that communications such as yours shed light and eventually effect positive outcomes.

To increase the chances of someone posting feedback I’ve taken the liberty of re-posting your concerns on the Big Island Forum "Education/School/Student/Teacher Concerns" — "Education Concerns on the Big Isles." — Concerns about a Big Isle Charter School.

With aloha,

Gabby

Gabby
Site Admin

Re: puna charter school

Post by Gabby » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Update 2/20/19

Hi Confused: Given that no one has commented on the above post I've forwarded it to the principal of Haaspcs so as to complete the communication for me, to get "it" out of my mind. It's most likely that your considerations have been addressed.