Sister In Law Problem, SISTER IN LAW FROM HELL

Post your own question to Dear Gabby
MARYNAPLES

Sister In Law Problem, SISTER IN LAW FROM HELL

Post by MARYNAPLES » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:40 am

DEAR GABBY MY NAME IS MARY MY BROTHER MARRIED A BASKET CASE FOR HIS WIFE AND NOW SHE'S MY SISTER IN LAW HER NAME IS CINDY SHE IS A RUDE AND SELFISH SISTER IN LAW THAT I INHERITED ON JUNE 13, 2004 I JUST WANTED TO SEE MY LITTLE NEPHEW BILLY JR AND SHE GOT REAL SARCASTIC WITH ME WHERE SHE SAID YOU HAVE DONE ENOUGH DAMAGE AROUND HERE GO BACK TO YOUR HOUSE AND LEAVE ME AND THE BABY ALONE! CINDY'S FRIEND JOANN VISITED CINDY AND THE BABY WITH HER KIDS ATTACHED TO HER I ALERTED MY BROTHER BILL THAT JOANNE AND HER CHILDREN WERE VISITING CINDY AND HER BABY AND EVERYTIME JOANNE COMES TO VISIT AFTER SHE LEAVES MY SISTER IN LAW GETS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL SINCE I TELL MY BROTHER EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON. SINCE MY SISTER IN LAW IS NOT EASY TO GET ALONG WITH WHAT ADVISE COULD YOU GIVE ME SHOULD I STAY OUT OF HER WAY AND JUST BE NICE AND SAY HI IF I SEE HER OR IS THE SILENT TREATMENT A BETTER OPTION FOR ME WITH MY SISTER IN LAW?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
MARY THE OLDER SISTER THAT INHERITED A NEW SISTER IN LAW FROM HELL!

Gabby
Site Admin

Post by Gabby » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:43 am

Hi MARYNAPLES:

Given your addiction to blaming, badmouthing, abusing and being abused there's nothing I could say that you would act upon. There are no sentences, no strategies, no nothing having to do with you or either of them that would work. You simply have no choice but to continue to relate with your brother who empowers her to treat you as such. As a computer you are programmed to keep generating these results. If you didn't have them to bring this up for you, you'd have to have others outside your family to mirror you for you.

Please do not reply or post here until you can say you have completed 25 hours of therapy, and, have not interacted with either of them, or any other family members for six months in a row, and, that all family members whom you wish to relate with have completed 25 hours of therapy also (individually, each alone with a therapist). Given that none respect you it's virtually impossible for you to cause even one of them to enroll in therapy simply to continue interacting with you. You're the leader in your family, none can heal until you do.

To have a relationship you must be willing to not have it; else, you'll spend your life trying to have it, or trying to make it work, or trying to improve it, or trying to hold on to it. For you to experience a transformation you'll have to be willing to experience hurt and sadness and the seemingly unbearable pain of aloneness.

Read http://www.bigislandforum.org/csgp The Community Support Group Project for why it will be impossible for you to heal if you keep interacting with your family.

Thank you for writing, Gabby