Corruption in Police dept

Post comments or feedback or ask a question—(free - registration required)
Kerry

Corruption in Police dept

Post by Kerry » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:34 am

This was posted by error in the Police Spouse Message Board - adminn n Corruption In The Old Brookville Police Department & Nassau County D.A.'s Officen n n Hello. My name is John Menso. n n As a former NYPD detective investigator, it saddens me to be placed in a position of having to make allegations of criminal and unethical conduct against specific sworn citizens who once had my implicit trust and respect...yet I was a witness to this serious misconduct.n n I would not expect anyone to take my complaint seriously unless I provide credible, independent evidence to support my allegations. I assure you, the evidence is there. I have no desire to slander anyone.n n I wrote an article, that I posted to a webpage, describing the police and prosecutorial misconduct I personally observed.n n The purpose for posting this article is to, in part, n demonstrate why, IMHO, quite a few citizens and others have become distrustful of police officials.n n Before closing, I would like the reader to know I am not here to bash cops and prosecutors. I hold nothing but respect and admiration for most of the police officials and prosecutors I was privileged to work with. n n My story is about acts of official misconduct committed by specific citizens who "swore" to us they would uphold the rule and spirit of New York State's criminal laws.n n These individuals are:n n Sergeant Robert S. Piampiano, of the Old Brookville Police Department - Sergeant Piampiano orchestrated a criminal conspiracy and betrayed the trust of the officers he swore to protect.n n Police Officer Charles J. Hanney, of the Old Brookville Police Department - an officer who Sergeant Piampiano placed between a rock and a hard place.n n Detective Greg Bartlett, of the Old Brookville Police Department - an investigator who Sergeant Piampiano ordered to assist him in the conspiracy. (on holiday overtime pay)n n Nassau County Assistance District Attorney Ronald Schoenberg - A supervisor in Nassau County District Court, who a jury panel of six Nassau County residents determined is incapable of discerning fact from fantasy. n n Nassau County Assistant District Attorney Dawn Marie Wladyka - A young prosecutor who ignored most of the ethics she swore she would adhere to...all in a apparent bid to win her first criminal prosecution.n n Investigator Joseph Liante - A short time after the results of his investigation into my criminal allegations against Sergeant Piampiano and others was made public, Mr. Liante "resigned" his position as investigator for the Special Investigations Unit of the Nassau County District Attorney's Office. n n Nassau County Assistant District Attorney Marshall Trager - ADA Trager supervised Mr. Liante's investigation. After informing me his office was taking no action on my complaint, he admitted the police falsified one document they submitted to the NCDA in regard to my case. n n When I, the complaining witness, attempted to determine more about his investigation, he became irritated and told me to stop asking questions. Nice guy, huh?n n Nassau County Assistant District Attorney Frank Quigley - Bureau Chief, Special Investigations Unit.n n In order to apprise me of why his office was sweeping my criminal allegations under the rug, ADA Quigley invited me to his office for two meetings. And in each meeting, he smiled and grinned as he offered lie after lie to cover for the malicious prosecution the jury inferred his colleagues brought against me.n n I am kind of reluctant to be harsh, but based on my personal experience, I can affirm without reservation, ADA Frank Quigley is a loathsome citizen.n n Thank you,n n John Menson _________n n Sergeant Robert S. Piampiano, Old Brookville Police Department; A Police Supervisor Without Honor or Integrityn n http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/li_cabbie

Kerry

Re: Corruption in Police dept

Post by Kerry » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:35 am

Hi John:n n Thank you for sharing. n n I don't understand why you would post to the Police Spouse Message Board.n n I have quite a bit of feedback for you, however, you didn’t ask for support in completing this matter. In fact, what does get communicated is your intention, however unconscious it may be, to having the same problems tomorrow. n n You post is what’s referred to in communication-skills coaching as a dump, a blaming make-wrong. You communicate from the same communication model taught by most public school teachers, the adversarial communication model. You operate from victim and blame which will never ever produce the experience of satisfaction for you and those with whom you relate. It’s guaranteed to produce more of the same results. There is another model which when used will generate desirable problems. It’s called intentional communication, communicating from cause/responsibility.n n You have, as it’s said in the enlightenment game, come up against your wall. You have only one choice—to choose to go through the wall of fire. If you don’t you will continue to operate from the decision that runs you (to be right at all costs, even if it costs you your loving relationships and health) until circumstances force you to crash and burn). If you keep communicating as you have, using the same mind that created this situation, to try and solve the problem, you will keep blaming others for your inability to communicate through to mutual satisfaction. You have gone as far as your leadership-communication skills can take you. It makes no difference that you are right. You must let go of it all. n n If you are willing to go through to the other side I’d be more than happy to support you. Step number one is to do The Spouse Abuse Tutorial. No matter its name, it is designed for you. It will be the most challenging education experience of your life. I assure you you will be producing more desirable results without knowing how you are doing it once you have completed the tutorial.n n One of the benefits of service (the law enforcement profession) is that you get to see yourself, to know who you are. You get to see that there is no difference between you and others. You have become your ego and as such are stuck. It’s time for you to reap the rewards of service. To do so you must surrender to one who serves. If not me then find someone whom you trust and admire, and serve that person. In so doing you will discover your purpose.n n It’s extremely valuable for forum readers here to have a glimpse of what a police officer committed to integrity must be willing to choose to experience. Most police officers fear it so much that they unconsciously opt for mediocrity. They don’t feel good about what they support with their silence, their nonverbal communications. n n John, please do not post a reply or e-mail us. Anything that would come from your mind in its present state would only be more of the same. It would not feel good to read. The Spouse Abuse Tutorial is the perfect place to communicate upset or to ask questions. n n Thank you, you have my admiration and support.n n Kerryn Tutorial Coach