Near the end of
our communication skills workshops we hand out a Completion Form.
Ninety-five percent of the participants communicate favorably indicating that they would like to be invited to another workshop.
Here's what a few participants say:
- "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
- "I believe that the value of this workshop is to see real,
authentic communication happening in real situations."
- "My feelings towards my fiancé are stronger and I love him
more and am closer to him. I especially want to thank Kerry for being so right on with
Shannon [my fiancé] and handling him exactly how he needed to be handled."
- "This was the most magnificent workshop of the 3 that I have
attended. I came this time to experience more about cause and intent and responsibility
and boy I got whole lot more."
- From a young man dragged to the workshop by his girl friend and
other relatives: "My original feelings about this workshop was not wanting to be
at it. I thought this would be another "Sigfried [sic] and Roy" style of workshop,
where you jump through a few hoops, some experiences, and boom you're out the door. I was
wrong, VERY WRONG!. The love of my lady (Linda), Auntie Donna, Alan and everyone else
involved, made me realize that I'm not the dark, lightness person I thought I was."
- "The strongest feeling I had about this workshop is that I
. . .
had been holding on to some anger for months and was able to let it go."
- From a school principal: "There is obviously a great need
in our community for this."
- "The workshop was transformational for me. By making the
commitment to stay, I created an unnatural experience, that is, an experience outside my
normal safety zone. I then experienced extreme discomfort, aggravation, & displeasure
at having to witness other people acting out my own personal dramas ... acting out with a
kind of "knee jerk" automatic response... my own defenses. As I witnessed each
defense system being acknowledged, as in the case of several on the first morning, then
those who most courageously followed later, I felt my own personal defenses starting to
melt away. I was then able to see my own deceptions. By allowing myself to be open to this
new model of responsibility I found for the first time, perhaps in my whole life, an
ability to move from victim . . ."
- Of the two female facilitators: "I love and support women
who are strong and doing what they (you) do."
- "A tremendously valuable experience."
- A therapist's second workshop: "The "BeWith"
communication process] was very valuable for me this time. I know this will greatly
improve my communications with my patients, co-workers and family/friends. The
"Acknowledge time" [a paired sharing communication exercise] was so wonderful
. . . this has changed my life . . . It was so sweet and peaceful afterwards."
- "This was the best workshop I've attended. I can clearly see how
much progress I've made since the last Advanced Workshop . . . from the feedback I've
received from everyone here and on the outside."
- From an RN nurse who had attended three of our other workshops:
"I experienced a feeling, from the entire group [70 participants], of love and
acceptance . . . so much love . . . that it overwhelmed me."
- "This was my second workshop, like the first, I found the
experience invaluable. I consider the last workshop as a definite landmark in my
development, and feel this one already having profound effects."
- A Hawaii State Department of Public Health RN nurse: "I
was extremely touched by [a father] and [the father's son] process, [they stood and shared], it
helped to give me clarity in my feelings towards my father. Thank you very much! Excellent
- A Licensed Massage Therapist: "Some very excellent work
is being done here."
- A drug rehabilitation counselor: "Expansive, provoking,
moving, allowing, honest, direct, honor, respect, remembrance, community, precise, fear at
times going home to the source, love, powerful, blessing, . . . clarity in communication,
- A Licensed Massage Therapist's, second workshop: "I
finally got what the (facilitator) has tried to say to me about my controlling and being
right. I feel a new aliveness."
- Regards a comment about possibly shortening the workshop:
". . . it would be a shame to cut us short on an opportunity to be in such a loving
- "Wonderful! Full of personal insights. This is the most alive
and connecting experience. I have a hunger for this type of relating and appreciate it
- "The 'Tone Process'
[a paired sharing communication
exercise in the Advanced Communication Workshop] was extremely difficult for me and I was
unable to get a 'Pass' on the emotion Grief. Then later, during the 'Movement
Process' [expressing different emotions through music], I got totally in touch with some
grief I had left for my second wife."
- "The way the (facilitator) has of seeing both sides
[of an issue]
is beautiful to experience."
A woman attending with her husband and son: "I
feel the value my family receives [husband and son attended several
workshops] is without a doubt the single most important event to
come into my life after marriage and childbirth."
- ". . . I experienced the most intense feelings I have ever
realized. I was able to admit to, talk about, and totally acknowledge a blockage that has
been with me All of my adult life. A new chance to live a productive, loving,
- "I am totally overwhelmed by the effectiveness of each
In reference to an evening conversation with a loved one at
home between Sat and Sun of an all weekend workshop: ".
. . it has had a
major impact on my relationships outside of this actual experience Wow! I feel very much
empowered & totally effected in all positive ways. Thank you."
- From a compulsive nose
picker, highly regarded in the community,
after his 37th workshop: "I think this one did it for me. When I saw the guy who
facilitated the workshop picking his nose during the lunch break, I finally could see that
he just mirrored me. I am transformed!" This one was submitted by one of our board
browser's window to return.